Thursday, August 4, 2011

Tarbush : A Middle-eastern food expedition =)

The very first post for this food critique blog ! ;) 

Today, My Expedition team members and I journeyed over the vast desert, with nothing in sight for miles and a growling stomach ! with that we chanced upon Tarbush in Sunway Pyramid ;)


Ta-DA ! Tarbush ! =D
The atmosphere in Tarbush was really " Middle -Eastern-ish", warm and cosy environment decorated with interesting trinkets here and there. They even have a mini fountain right smack in the midlde of the doorway! =D Fascinating really!

Anyways on to the food!



I had a delicious bowl of Hommus Meat ( i think the meat inside was beef , for sure ! or perhaps lamb....) it was really nice. Goes very well with the pita bread they served on the side ! =) Though it was a little bland for my taste....
Hommus Meat ! 8D 

Next up was Lamb Samosas! Really lovely little fried dumplings, stuffed with a stuffing of lamb meat, pea and onions. Very delicious for the fact it was not that oily like some other samosas that i had in the past.



My Samosas at the upper far left corner ! =)
I didn't have much ( cause i only order the Appetizers XD;;) so i decided to steal... beg.... scavenge ... ASK my fellow foodies to share a part of their meal with me. Naturally their too happy to oblige =). Their choice of food were really good too! Way to go awesome taste buds ;)
Our photographers food ! ;P though i didn't manage to steal it . The ever so "expansive" Mixed grill 
I forgot the name of this , but its Pita bread with Cheese ! really really good! >W< ( The cheese was literally oozing out of the pita bread) 
Falafel and some eggplant dish ( can't remember the name ! D8)
Unfortunately, i didn't get to snap a photo of my Arabic Mint tea as my phone was constantly stolen from me by a dear friend while i was eating LOL. It came in a rather quaint looking Arabian teapot and the tea was not bitter at all ( I NEVER add sugar into my tea , unless necessary, I like my tea black ;) ) 

Overall , it was a pleasant experience in this restaurant. nice food to go with the ever so warm atmosphere. I give and 8/10 rating for this Lebanese restaurant ! =)I would recommend this restaurant to people who are daring enough to expose their taste buds to something entirely new and good !

Till the next time, dear readers, I shall blog on more delicious things to come ! 

Cheers!

Your Meat Loving critique,
Celestia


2 comments: